Wednesday, October 20, 2010

What is a Sari?



We are learning about different countries in our class this term. The Clown Fish reading group are reading a School Journal article called Wearing a Sari by Asha Patel. We have learnt that saris comes from India. It is a long piece of colourful silk or cotton that women and girls wear. If you are wondering what goes under it, it is a petticoat. SR bought in a Sari from home to show everyone. We lay it on the ground and it looked really, really long. LS wanted to try on the sari so SR showed us how to put it on. And here she is!! Doesn't she look beautiful!

7 comments:

veronica said...

What a gorgeous Sari! Guess what Room 16 I come from India and have worn a sari only twice. Clever SR will have to come teach me how to drape a sari. Do you know another special Indian dress is a Salwar Kameez? I love those.

Mrs M said...

Thank you very much for leaving a comment. Maybe you could bring us a Salwar Kameez for us to have a look at. Have a good day!

Anonymous said...

LS you look cool!!!
From GM

Anonymous said...

love the sari lS

Paris said...

Hi Room 16, don't you think LS looks pretty I do.
From PS

Emily Skinner (Older Sister) said...

LS, you look so sweet!! I hope you enjoyed being able to wear a sari it looks an amazing dress.

grace said...

I wish I got to were that!!!
From GM